Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Fellow Writers

Lend me your thoughts.

I set up this blog in the euphoric haze that followed the public reading on Wednesday 17 October 2007 caused I think by fudge brownie overload, strong cheese and a glass (or two) of red wine at home (afterwards I might add).

I would like to thank everyone who came, listened and applauded, Jeanne for organizing it and standing in for Neil (some work is required on the accent Jeanne) and those who provided the facilities and refreshments.

Perhaps most of all I would like to thank my fellow writers whose comments and input beat my piece into shape.

I applaud you all.

Now that you have perhaps read this blog, please feel free to comment.(click on the word comments)

We can add members to to this blog and thus create a team blog, but each of you will need to create a Google account to add new entries to the Lincoln Write Stuff blog.

This is a simple process and begins with the administrator (aka me) sending an invitation to your email address. (I won't do this until we have had our discussion, in case we decide not to pursue a group blog).

When you reply you will be taken to a Google page to create an account and have full access to add posts.

Once everyone is a member we can restrict viewing access to members only, but for now I have left it open to the public to enable you to comment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to see if I could comment on this information without using an account or signing in.

So here I am. But without using my Google account I can only leave the comment anonymously, unless of course I sign it with my first name (let's not use family names on the public version).

Geoff

Jeanne said...

Looks good to me, Geoff. Although I am a tad offended that you think my Brit accent needs some work.
I can report, too, that I have NOT received any shocked emails regarding Geoff's romance opus that was presented at the last meeting.
I want to thank everyone for such a good event--nice turnout, and as far as I could see, none of the audience had been dragged there in chains.
Palmer, if you're reading this, your grape bowl is in the staff room. I think someone even washed it (not me).
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Elocution lessons in faux English accents will be provided at an unreasonable cost (if you have to ask the price you can't afford them)to anyone interested in emptying their bank account in my favor.

Glad to her the public reading went well and nobody objected to Geoff giving them the finger, literally.

Neil

Anonymous said...

I obviously missed a great evening at the public reading, as well as the previous regular meeting of Write Stuff. I was in England getting on with the accent and trying to remember to look right, instead of left, at the round-abouts.

Tim